What is the Skills EV Program for auto mechanics?
The Skills EV Program aims to provide a structured training path and a recognized certification in electric and hybrid vehicle maintenance and repair to industry workers across Quebec.
A training path for electric vehicles
Skills EV Certification
Skills EV certified trainers
A network of authorized training centers
A list of Skills EV approved garages
How to register?
Create an account by clicking on self-assessment, then registration (have your official company name ready to register).
After creating your account, you will receive a confirmation email (make sure you choose a functional email address).
Log in to your account to begin the self assessment.
Click on the "Start" button to complete the online self assessment.
The result indicates the starting point (level of training) in the pathway.Example : if you start at level 2, you will be advised to register for courses 2, 3, 4 and 5, which means 187 hours of training.
Tell your employer the result of your training, as it is your employer who will have to register you for the training. Your employer will have to go to the Training page and fill in a pre-registration form. Your regional organization will contact you afterwards.
Note : Training will be daytime and your employer must agree to release you on your work time (salary reimbursement applicable).
Training and Objectives
Provincial EV Training Pathway
Helps to assess the candidate's skills.
5 Levels of training
Training available according to the skills to be worked on.
Evaluation tool to certify the skills and knowledge acquired along the way.
Electricity (Basic)Duration - 28 hours
Electricity (Intermediate)Duration - 35 hours
Electric and Hybrid Vehicles (VHE 1)Duration - 21 hours
General maintenance and diagnostic tools (VHE 2)Duration - 28 hours
Advanced training in electric vehiclesDuration - À venir pour les hours
Authorized training centers
CPA Cantons-de-l'est (Eastern Townships)
- CFP Vision 2020 - 595, Rue Notre Dame E, Victoriaville, QC G6P 4B2
- Eastern Townships CPA - 1150, Rue Galt E, Sherbrooke, QC J1G 1Y5
- CFP Compétences 2000 - 777, Avenue de Bois-de-Boulogne, Laval, QC H7N 4G1
- CFP Compétences Rive-sud - 399, Rue Conrad-Pelletier, La Prairie, QC J5R 4V1
- Vast Auto Académie - 34747 Boulevard Lévesque Est, Laval H7C 1M9
- EMEMM - 5455 Rue Saint-Denis, Montréal, QC H2J 4B7
- RIVERSIDE SCHOOL BOARD - 7525 Chemin de Chambly, Saint-Hubert, QC J3Y 0N7
- WEST ISLAND CAREER CENTRE - 13700 Boul. de Pierrefonds, Pierrefonds, QC H9A 1A7
- CPA Lanaudière - Laurentides - 460 Boulevard de l'Industrie, Joliette, QC J6E 8V3
- CFP Saint-Jérôme - 917 Montée Saint Nicolas, Saint-Jérôme, QC J7Y 4C8
- CFP de l'automobile - 301 Boulevard du Domaine, Sainte-Thérèse, QC J7E 4S4
- CFP Qualitech - 1980 Rue Paul-Lemoyne, Trois-Rivières (Québec) G8Z 2W2
- CFP Paul Rousseau - 125 Rue Ringuet, Drummondville, QC J2B 6W6
- CPA Québec - 5450 Rue Rideau, Québec (Québec) G2E 5V2
- CFP Wilbrod Bherer - 5 Rue Robert Rumilly, Québec, QC G1K 2K5
- Motorized Equipment Pavilion - 980 Rue Georges-Vanier, Chicoutimi QC, G7H 4M3
- CFP CIMIC - 11700 25e Avenue, Saint-Georges, QC G5Y 8B8
- CFP Rimouski - Neigette - 424 Avenue Ross, Rimouski, QC G5L 6J2
- CFP Relais de la Lièvre-Seigneurie - 378-B Rue Papineau, Papineauville, QC J0V 1R0
Certification for technicians
- Completion of the online self-assessment
- Completion of all program trainings following the self-assessment results
- Successful completion of the Skills EV certification exam (your regional organization will contact you at the end of the process)
Certificates will be issued via email following successful completion of the exam.
Certifications will follow the mechanic.